Since I am on the go so much, I thought it was best to have my own page so everyone can keep up with me

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just getting away from everything

So, it has been a really tough couple of weeks around the house. I only got to meet Grant a couple of times since I was not allowed to see him in the NICU at Rose or when he was in the CICU up at Children’s. Once he was moved up to the 9th floor and was there, Mom and Dad took me up and I was able to see him.

While I was there one night, I played with all the balls and toys in the playroom.
I was also being pulled in the wagon and fell down and hit my nose.
I had this really good looking bruise across the bridge of it. Dad had thought that it might be broken, so he pushed on it and I did not cry, so all was good. It was during the hockey playoffs, so I was looking Ian LaPerriere, he has broken his nose a bunch of times.

When I was able to see Grant, I wanted to take out the oxygen tubes out of his nose. When I had them in my nose, I hated them and did not want Grant to have them either. He was so small and just slept a lot but he had been through a lot with his surgery though. I will miss him and I know that Mom and Dad miss him lots. They sleep with his blue blanket, sheep and teddy bear every night. Sometimes when they are crying, I give them my bear blanket and that seems to help them feel better.

We have had a lot of family around the house. All the grandparents, Great Aunt Mary, who I share a birthday with it, Great Grandma Brady, all my aunts/uncles, cousins and lots of friends have been over to see us. I think it has been good for Mom and Dad to have this too.

We are now on the airplane heading off on vacation. Mom and Dad have booked a trip to Puerto Rico, no passport required. We are going to be gone for 7 days and nights of laying on the beach, eating lots of different foods, playing in the sand and the ocean.

Mom and Dad want me to thank everyone that has sent cards, emails, called, stopped by the house, brought food and drink to us during the past couple of weeks. It has been very much appreciated. I will try to write again this week. We are staying on the west coast of PR in a town called Rincon. It is on the side of the island that everyone surfs on. We should have a really good time. Adios for now!!!!!

Ok, so we have just landed in Miami and this place is a DUMP!!!!!! They call this MIA and I know why. I would also want to go missing in action if I had to come here all the time. It is dirty, the air conditioning does not work, there are virtually no places to eat and they don’t even have free internet!!!!!! Mommy told us that the seats in the bathroom were broken and most of the stalls were not useable. And, I dont see any of the hot chicks they show on South Beach or on CSI Miami!!!!

The weather outside is about 83 degree’s with 100% humidity and there is no air….man, I am not used to this at all. At least this will help with my allergies and my nose is already feeling better

So our connector flight was out on the E concourse. We arrived in D and had to walk over to it. It was scary. We rode this little train out to the satellite building. This whole airport is under construction.
There are no flight arrival/departure monitors to be found. We had to ask someone where our connector flight was. It then opens up into big circle with the gates but someone there does not know how to count. Going from left to right, it went Gate 22, 24, 25 then our gate, 23. So our flight to San Juan was uneventful. I took a nap with Mom for most of the flight. We picked up our rental car and then started the drive to Rincon.

No comments: