Since I am on the go so much, I thought it was best to have my own page so everyone can keep up with me

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Just being a local

So today we drove down to Mayaguez to the zoo. It is only about 25 minutes from Rincon. It is the 3rd largest city in Puerto Rico. Their zoo is not as big as the Denver Zoo but they did have some really cool things that we don’t. They had chimpanzees, a really nice green area for their giraffes and elephants. They did not have any polar bears though…I don’t understand that at all???????

We then stopped at one of the many road side food places that they have down here. This one was one of the best we have eaten at. It had this really killer rice and beef stew that they gave me for free!!! I ate that faster than anything I have had down here in the past 3 days. Mom and Dad had the chicken and turkey sandwiches. The owner came out and talked to us and we are going back there on Saturday.

From there we came back to the Parrot and we still did not have any hot water. We have not had hot water since Tuesday. They gave us a new room and now we have hot water, bigger beds and we all smell better.

For dinner we went down to the lighthouse and watched the sunset.
We brought some leftovers since we have a fridge in the room, picked up some drinks and hung out there for awhile. We also stopped by the Econo, the local grocery store, and picked up some snacks and water since we are heading up to San Juan tomorrow for the day. I have also updated some of the earlier posts with some pictures that I just downloaded to Dad’s computer.




Dad is still working on that special post…..most of you will find it very cool. Bye for now!!!!

No comments: